Splatoon 3 is finally here! With a new location, story, maps, add-ons, and more, the one thing that isn’t set in stone is a fresh start. For Splatoon 2 players, all that hard work you do with Turf Wars, Rank Battles, League Battles, and more can be taken into account thanks to moving your Splatoon 2 save data to Splatoon 3.
After you turn on Splatoon 3 and go online for the first time (head to the lobby!), you’ll have the option to transfer your Splatoon 2 save data. The prompt will list your level and playing time in hours (NB: Your level does not move further). If you decide to transfer your data, you will get the following rewards:
If you have played the Octo Expansion DLC and got to the plot point where you can modify the appearance of Agent 3, then the appearance you gave them in Splatoon 2 will carry over to Splatoon 3.
- 3 Golden Sheldon licenses (you can use them to unlock any 3 weapons of your choice currently offered by Sheldon)
- Unlock chaos battles from the start
- If you have a B-rank or higher in the Rank Battle of Splatoon 2, you will start with B-rank in Anarchy Battles from Splatoon 3.
- Your MMR rating (also referred to as strength) is transferred and used to calculate your base MMR for Splatoon 3.
- Specifically, your MMR is selected from your highest power in any Splatoon 2 mode and adjusted to a range from 1600 to 2000.
- Get a brief Salmon Run tutorial if you complete the Salmon Run tutorial in Splatoon 2
Also, spoilers for Splatoon 2’s Octo expansion (click here for details).
If you update Splatoon 3 to version 1.1.0 and reach a specific point in the Octo Expansion for Splatoon 2, the factor 3 customization options you selected in Splatoon 2 will be carried over to Splatoon 3.
With that complete, have fun in The Splatlands!