Published: October 11, 2022
Photography by Heidi Seifester
“We are not like our competitors. We offer something unique and special, and change the lives of our students every day.” —President Hugh Sherman on September 14, State of the University Address
fall issue Ohio today The magazine is being released because, in the words of President Sherman, the Ohio University community has “a lot to celebrate.” From the Carnegie R1 ranking that places Ohio University among the nation’s top research institutions and 50The tenth Anniversary of the leading honorary educational college for OHIO alumni whose achievements are unique and their support for the Alma mater to change lives, Ohio today Readers are invited to celebrate.
digital issue Ohio today, Ohio University alumni magazine, is available at ohiotoday.org, and the print publication will arrive in mailboxes and on campus soon. Some of the highlights of the fall issue include:
- “A major mark of excellence” – in celebration of the naming of OHIO’s Carnegie R1, Ohio today It takes a look at some of the research and creative activities affecting campuses, communities, and industries near and far while allowing Bobcats to move from learners to creators.
- Sending sentinels – A three-time OHIO graduate goes to extremes on a history-making expedition in the High Arctic.
- Still the first and only – The OHIO Honorary Teaching College celebrates 50 years of nurturing the experience of creating your own destiny.
- All aboard – Thirty years after the last train passed through the Athens campus, the Bobcats are traveling the same path that steam and diesel engines took in a bygone era.
- Off the beaten track – an unprecedented career that takes an OHIO graduate and former basketball player around the world as a barkeeper.
- The fairways are on fire, legacies are paved – the 2022 Trailblazer winners from the Ebony Bobcat Network have made their mark in OHIO and beyond, helping teams win and paving the way for future generations of Bobcats.
- Born in the spirit of the Bobcat – Templeton-Blackburn Memorial Alumni Hall is the custodian of many OHIO moments and memories and a testament to the alumni spirit that continues – and made history again – 100 years later.
- Time Machine – Ohio today Takes a look at 20 years of OHIO’s Exhibit of Student Research and Creative Activism, an annual event that nurtures and celebrates innovation, discovery, and imagination in students.
- 85 YEARS WAIT FACILITY MANAGEMENT OFFICIALS DISCOVER A HIDDEN PART OF OHIO’S HISTORY A time capsule laid at the cornerstone of Scott Quad in 1937.
- Last Word – As a featured music producer and arranger, Dr. Jason Rawls, EDD ’17, has been mixing tunes for over 25 years. Today, he blends his passion and revolutionizes teacher education.
- Poet, Teacher, Leader, Bobcat – New Edition from Ohio University Press comes from an OHIO graduate who holds Athens and Appalachia close to her heart.
To read these stories and more, visit Ohio today Web site and flip through a digital version of the magazine.
Ohio today It is the Ohio University alumni magazine and publication of the Ohio University Foundation. For additional information about Ohio today Or to provide feedback, email [email protected]