in barotraumaAnd the Up to 16 players operate complex submarine systems to survive in sub-zero temperatures and explore an exotic ocean. The co-op simulation will be coming to Steam Early Access this spring.
barotrauma The film is set in the near future as brave adventurers escaped from Earth and settled on Jupiter’s water moon Europa. In this harsh environment, human life is only possible in the depths of the ocean beneath the frozen surface of the moon, and this is where you and your (hopefully) brave crew come into play. But it’s not just humans who fight for survival in the depths…
As a submarine crew member, you are tasked with guiding your ship through a dangerous ocean, exploring exotic ruins and completing challenging missions. Players must manage all kinds of systems on board, such as nuclear reactor, sonar, guns, machines, and more. Thanks to a complex manufacturing system, the crew can create tools, medicines, and weapons to aid their survival.
It is important to act quickly and strategically, especially when faced with unexpected disasters. Including the role of captain, there are five different classes, and up to 16 players can join the crew of one submarine. Procedurally generated levels and events make the adrenaline-fueled fun virtually endless – whether you’re diving deep with your friends or watching other players battle against the dangers lurking below.
Publisher Daedalic Entertainment and developers FakeFish and Undertow Games offer an open invitation to players around the world to try barotrauma Free next weekend. Deep divers and better submarine crews prepare to dive into the frigid depths of the frigid oceans of Jupiter’s moon Europa for free, starting Oct. 6 at 10am PST until Oct. 9 at 1pm PST.
raise the sails The last major Early Access content update will be before the game’s full release in early 2023 and comes with a wide range of additions and changes including performance improvements, an all-new transport branch, removing the Deep Diver class, reworking upgrade systems, adding submarine layers, and a new and better rating. For weapons, and many quality of life upgrades.
Hoist the Sails update details:
- New Vanilla Dubbed Camel: an early transfer submarine.
- The most elegant submarine upgrades system: Fewer upgrades for bigger gains all at once, and some class-specific upgrades to make the submarine classes stand out even better.
- No more deep diving: This chapter didn’t offer much benefit besides being able to guide you to the final levels of the campaign, so it was decided to remove it entirely. Deep divers become scouts, and you will be able to finish the campaign on any ship you have upgraded sufficiently.
- New submarine class system: Besides being of a certain class, submarines will now be categorized into classes (I-III) depending on how advanced they are. The class is set based on the price of the submarine and can be modified in the sub-editor. Class and class together determine the maximum upgrades for submarines, which makes it better to buy new subs in addition to upgrading existing subs.
- New and bigger guns!
- Reworked Tutorials: A new set of tutorials are being added to the game in an effort to make the setup process a bit easier for new players. First, players will be greeted with a basic tutorial to provide useful general mechanics for all player roles. After that, the player will be free to access more tutorials for the exact roles.
- Performance and Quality of Life Updates!
To round out an already exciting weekend, Daedalic Entertainment is also happy to confirm it barotrauma You’ll get 75% off Steam for the entire weekend and ends Thursday, October 20th at 10AM PST.
- Manage complex submarine systems to survive deep beneath Europa, one of Jupiter’s frozen moons.
- Five classes: submarine captain, engineer, mechanic, paramedic, and assistant.
- Explore a vast ocean full of alien life, relics and other secrets that you dare to explore.
- Work together in an action packed 2D co-op with up to 16 players. Or betray your crew and bury them in the depths…
- Complex management and drafting systems.
- Procedurally generated levels and events ensure that no two games are the same.
- Distinctive animation style and ragdoll physics.
- Monster Maker: Transform the game through the Steam Workshop and create your own orcs, submarines, levels – or exotic monsters – for other players to download.
Currently available through Steam Early Access, barotrauma Coming to PC (Steam) in early 2023.
More articles about barotrauma