Hello again, neighbors! It’s me, Karina Garrity, your host at The Daily. Let’s start Monday off right with a quick review of everything you need to know about what’s happening in the city, including updates on…
- Recognized outstanding football player!
- More homes hit the market!
- The fundraising was a huge success!
But first, today’s weather:
Windy with a shower or two. High: 61 Low: 52.
Here are the top news on Lake Avon-Avon today:
- According to cleveland.com, the six balls of the week came out for top performers including: “Avon’s Sam DeTillio. Another effective night from quarterback Avon in Alle Ohio. DeTillio completed 12 of 16 passes for 312 yards and four TDs, all in the first half of the Eagles’ 63-7 win against North Ridgeville. DeTillio also ran for 56 yards on five gigs. and Jeremy Dzek of Avon Lake. Dzik threw only four incomplete passes, making 17 of 21 throws for 246 yards and three TDs in Avon Lake’s 56-7 win over Midview. Congratulations to the players! (cleveland.com)
- Are you looking for a new home, and want to get a better understanding of what’s available near you? Need some help with your search? do not worry! To keep you in the game, we’ve rounded up the latest collection of five new close-ups. Here’s a sampling of the latest batch of homes to hit the housing market in and around Lake Avon-Avon — like one in the Lake Avon area with 4 beds and 2 bathrooms for $269,900, and another in the Lake Avon area with 5 beds and 4 bathrooms for $540,000 (Avon-Avon Lake Patch
- The Race to Siwa, which was held on Saturday at Lake Avon in Vice Field, was a huge success! According to News 5 Cleveland, “Nearly one hundred people took part in the seventh annual Run for Sewa, organizers said. The nonprofit raised about $10,000 for the Aspire Tutorial & Mentoring program to guide and mentor high school students in high-risk areas.” great! (News 5 Cleveland and Uses)
Today at Lake Avon Avon:
From my notebook:
- Avon Lake City Schools: Congratulations to ALHS Homecoming Queen Sophia Wilson and King Jeremy Brauch. (Avon Lake Schools via Facebook)
- FIDO Companion Rescue Company: “Meet Selena! She is small, pocket-sized and weighs 30 pounds. Selena is about 2 years old, fully checked, house and box trained, and is good with other dogs. Selena prefers experienced owners, a home with a fence and no small children.” (FIDO’s Inc.) Companion Rescue Inc. via Facebook)
- Avon Schools Support: “Have you ever wondered what 1176 Homecoming students look like? #AvonHOCO2022 Thanks to everyone who made this night possible. We had an amazing week back home!” (Support Avon Schools via Facebook)
- Avon Lake Football Association: “The rain can’t stop these Shoregals! 10u Girls with a massive 7-1 win over the Buccaneers.” (Avon Lake Football Association via Facebook)
More Sponsors – Thanks for supporting local news!
Thanks for following up and staying informed. I’ll be in your inbox tomorrow morning with another update!
– Karina Garrity
About me: The press is in my veins! I’ve been a community reporter for the better part of the past 20 years. I love my small town community and am honored to be a part of Patch.com. You can reach me at; [email protected]
Do you have a news tip or suggestion for the upcoming Avon-Avon Lake Daily? Contact me at [email protected]