RDU Global Entry Interviews Set September 21-23

IMG_0044Are you waiting on your Global Entry interview? U.S. Customs and Border Protection will be offering Global Entry Interviews at RDU from September 21-23, but there’s a catch! You must already be in the application process to potentially qualify for a September spot.

US CBP will offer about 300 spots at their offices at the north end of in Terminal 2, behind the taxi area. Because of the length of the Global Entry vetting process, only those in the later stages of the application process will have the option to select RDU as an interview location.

Not registered yet? Visit the Global Entry website to kick-off your application process and qualify for future in person interviews at RDU. Also, learn about Mobile Passport Control to speed through international arrivals at RDU.

This entry was posted in Community, Customer Experience, General and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

44 Responses to RDU Global Entry Interviews Set September 21-23

1. Andres says:

How can I see whether I’m qualified? I’m currently at the conditional approval stage with an interview scheduled for October in DC but would much rather do it at RDU!

2. How do we sign up? RDU does not show up on the list to modify my existing appointment in Atlanta for two months from now.

• Sue Sholtis says:

I have been approved but need the interview to complete the process. My email approval was received on July 11: GOES User ID : SueSholtis
      Membership Number / PASSID : 989324690
      I see that Charlotte doesn’t have any scheduled appointments It is possible to get into Raleigh to do this?

3. Margaret Clement says:

I have already completed the application process and been assigned a case number/cleared for an interview, but I do not see RDU as an option at which to schedule the interview. When will RDU show up as an option or is there a number I can call to set up an interview?

4. bobspleen says:

Do you know when RDU will show up as an option? I’ve already got an application ID and have been cleared to set up an interview, but it’s not appearing in the drop-down.

5. Danielle says:

I am in the advanced part of the process and am trying to reschedule to rdu. The option is not showing up in the enrollment center selection. Please assist!

6. I have an interview scheduled at Charlotte Douglas for Sept 30th – when I tried to reschedule, RDU does not show up in the list. Any ideas?

7. The Global Entry information posted above created several questions. We have put together this list of Q&As to assist you!

How many spots will be available at RDU?
    U.S. Customs and Border Protection will offer about 300 interview spots.

Can I start the process today and have it done in time for the Raleigh dates?
    No. You must already be in the later stages of the application process to qualify for these spots. Only these individuals will have the option to select RDU as their interview location.

How can I book an appointment?
    Booking appointments through the Global Entry website is the only way to get an interview slot. Spaces are limited.

When can I select RDU as my location choice?
    RDU will appear as a location choice on Global Entry’s website on September 7. This is when the calendar opens for interviews to be booked.

What if I have already scheduled my appointment at another airport? Should I cancel my existing appointment first?
    Do not cancel your original appointment. Just change your appointment location to RDU on September 7.

Can I renew my Global Entry enrollment?
    Yes, you can renew your Global Entry enrollment on these interview days at RDU.

• ANDREW W SLAVINSKY says:

I’m on the site now and don’t see it. What time will RDU be posted?

• It is September 7th and RDU is still not showing as a location choice – can you please post an update on when we can expect this to be available? Thank you.

• Amy McLeod says:

Are appointments full already? I’m seeing RDU on the list of sites, but I’m not seeing available interview slots. I’m not sure whether they’re full already or whether they’re not yet available for selection.

8. Kay says:

It’s about time!! I’ve been looking for RDU dates every day since May 2016 trying to avoid driving from Raleigh to Charlotte for my scheduled appt. in September.

9. Sheila Westerberg says:

I have been conditionally approved and have to schedule an appointment within 30 days of receiving the letter, which will be the end of August. However, September 7 is the date available for RDU location, what should I do?

• We’re sorry, but we’ll have to refer you to U.S. Customs and Border Protection for the answer to your question. We’re providing notice of RDU as an interview site as a courtesy, but we don’t have detailed information on the interview process.

• Kathy Beckel says:

It’s September 7 and the RDU sign-up hasn’t appeared in the drop-down box, how can I sign-up?

• Josh says:

You have to *schedule* the appointment. After you’ve scheduled it (at any airport) you can reschedule to any other airport and time. Your appointment doesn’t have to take place within the month.

Make sure you don’t cancel the appointment, just reschedule it.

• lyokoiscool says:

Make sure you don’t cancel the appointment, just reschedule it.

• Phil Stroud says:

Schedule the interview anywhere you can and then you can reschedule on the CBP website to better fit your schedule as slots closer to home open up. If you don’t schedule, they will cancel your application and you will have to re-apply and pay the fee again. That happened to me because I was waiting for a slot at RDU. Getting in touch with CBP in DC is very difficult. They are extremely busy. I called 42 times yesterday and got busy signals, finally got in a queue behind 13 people at 3:45, was on hold for 40 minutes before I was disconnected. This morning after a 35 minute hold and listening to pleasant music, I was able to resolve my issue.

10. Kay says:

The info above states you can make RDU appointments beginning Sept. 7, not before, so that is why it isn’t showing up.

11. Athena Megaro says:

What time today will appointment registration open? I’m not seeing RDU listed yet.

12. bobspleen says:

Still not seeing RDU as an option. Please advise. Thank you.

13. Phyllis says:

I keep checking the website but so far it hasn’t come up.

14. Habayit says:

It’s Sept. 7 and RDU is still not showing up in the list. Is it going up later today? Or are the slots already filled?

15. Habayit says:

It’s Sept. 7 and RDU still isn’t showing up as a location choice. Is it full or going up later today?

16. Phyllis says:

I have been looking at the website since early morning and no Raleigh yet. Any updates?

17. Now that it is September 7th, I still don’t see RDU on the list. How will it appear (name/spelling etc) and when?

18. I am trying to change my appt to Raleigh Durham, but RDU has not shown up yet!

19. Sandy says:

I do not see the RDU as a location choice today. Have all the spots been filled?

20. Habayit says:

It’s Sept. 7. Still not showing up …

21. Tom says:

Hi,

I still don’t see RDU as an option to schedule my appointment. Is there any information on when this will be available?

22. SUsan says:

Have these slots all been filled already???

23. Liz kelly says:

I have been approved for Goes. I cant register for an interview even though you say it is available on the 7th.

24. Nicole says:

Any chance there are openings not posted in GOES? I am trying to schedule the interview and both Raeigh and Charlotte are fully booked it seems.

25. Jill says:

Are they allowing for walk ins? in case of cancellation/no shows?

26. Dave Morris says:

Have my conditional approval number – looks like all appointments are taken – let me know if anyone has a cancellation ! Thanks – Dave at dmkaydq@gmail.com

27. Alan R. says:

Is there any hope of having RDU be a permanent CBP site for this program and other related programs?

28. Sunny says:

Any idea when will it will be hosted next after September? Accordingly I can apply. Driving to Charlotte is time-consuming

29. Julian says:

Will RDU gonna host another one soon (maybe in October ?) ? thanks 🙂

30. Kathleen says:

Any plans for additional interviews at RDU?

31. Dash says:

Still looking for additional interviews at RDU! How hard is it for CBP to send someone from Charlotte for a few days?

Please share your thoughts

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s