What is one thing that savvy travelers and this year’s Spring-like weather have in common? The answer is… they arrive early!
That’s certainly the case this March at RDU. We’re enjoying blooms that line the airport roadways with color and excitement is in the air as our terminals fill with travelers.
But as Spring Break travel continues to grow, so will the need to arrive early for your flight.
We’re seeing more travelers thanks in part to new flights such as nonstop service to Salt Lake City, Cancun, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Orlando and of course, Paris on May 12.
As you arrive for your flight this Spring, you’ll encounter changes in our most popular parking facility, the 10,000+ space garage between Terminals 1 and 2.
We’re making a series of enhancements comprised of cleaning, maintenance and painting that can’t be completed in the winter due to cold temperatures. And unfortunately, this work requires closure of more than 1,000 spaces until early April.
We know you’ll enjoy these improvements, but in the meantime, expect the garage to fill to capacity more frequently. We’ve added a new hourly rate in the Park & Ride lots to provide you with another parking option if visiting the airport for a short period of time. You can always follow us @RDUAirport and on rdu.com for parking status updates.
As you travel this Spring, keep these travel tips in mind.
- Plan to arrive at RDU at least 90 minutes before your flight’s scheduled departure time
- Check your flight status on RDU.com
- Watch changeable roadway message signs for parking garage status information
- Try our Park & Ride lots if you haven’t done so before
- Make sure you are ready for the TSA Checkpoint
- Keep in mind that most flights begin the boarding process 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time
Find more travel tips on RDU.com. We look forward to seeing you… early… this Spring!