From Minion-Mania to rare British literary works, this month’s edition of “The Deal” brings you the latest new items and best current offers from The Shops of RDU.
Rare Literary Works
One of the reasons many people love 2nd Edition Booksellers is the store’s focus on finding rare and collectible literary works. The store has recently added several works to its shelves:
- Maud and Other Poems by Alfred Lord Tennyson. This first edition printing dates to 1855.
- “On Electricity and Galvanism” by Michael Faraday is an original extract of a lecture dating to 1832. The piece is board-bound and missing a title page, but could be an early holiday gift find for the serious scientist.
- Tropic of Cancer by Henry Miler. This first American printing edition dates to 1961.
- “Kamp Kards” is a book of postcards produced during World War II featuring tear-out postcards that servicemen would send home to their families. The piece is completely intact and in fine condition.
Where to find it: 2nd Edition Booksellers, Terminal 2, Gate D8.
Fun Fall Fashions
Have a little time before your flight? Stop by Marshall-Rousso and Ruby blue and check out:
- New dresses by Joseph Ribikoff
- Handbags and carry-on luggage by Mellow World
- A wide variety of fall fashion hats
Fish and Chips
Craving seafood or classic pub fare? Carolina Ale House is offering a new item on the menu: beer-battered fish and chips.
Where to find it: Carolina Ale House, Terminal 2, Gate C17
Cool Starbucks Offerings
Each of the airport’s four Starbucks locations are offering new refreshing beverages perfect for the summer. The offerings include:
- Cold-brewed iced coffees
- Hand-brewed sodas
- Strawberry acai refreshers
The hit movie Minions is the talk of kids of all ages this summer. Be sure to take Kevin, Stuart or one of their friends along for your travels. Find a variety of Minions-themed products at Kidsworks including:
- Action figures
- Sticker and coloring books
- Tumblers and water bottles
- Stuffed animals
Where to find it: Kidsworks, Terminal 2, Concourse D Entrance
Deals To Relax
Before you take off, take a moment and treat yourself to spa services inside the airport. XpresSpa is offering the following deals:
- Save $30 off three 10-minute luxury services
- Neck pillows are now 2 for $25
- Blankets are now 2 for $39
Where to find it: XpresSpa, Terminal 2, Gate C10