From 5:30 a.m. to midnight each day, our full-time guest services team is on duty to ensure you have a great experience while traveling through RDU. They’re backed by a cadre of volunteers that allow us to serve you not only at the Information Desks, but also throughout the terminals.
Making terminal announcements, providing flight information and pointing the way to various parts of the airport are services that people commonly associate with our Guest Services Ambassadors. However, at RDU they provide other services that you may not be familiar with.
Here are five things we bet you never knew about our Guest Services Ambassadors.
- Certified N.C. Travel Counselors. Each of our full-time ambassadors is a certified N.C. Travel Counselor. They’ve completed a wealth of training through the N.C. Department of Commerce on N.C. geography, history, tourist attractions and more. Looking for ideas on what to see or where to stay during your visit to North Carolina? Our ambassadors are ready to assist you.
- Notary Publics. Have a document that needs notarizing? Our Information Desk staff can assist you. Each of our full-time staff members is a notary public. Our ambassadors routinely notarize car titles, affidavits and forms giving permission for travel for unaccompanied minors. The airport does not charge for the service.
- School Tours. Our staff conducts tours of the public areas of Terminal 2 for school children. These tours teach children about the basic operations of the airport, including bag check-in, the security checkpoint and the airport’s art program. Unfortunately, due to security regulations, tours of the airfield and concourse are not possible at this time.
- Conference Room Rentals. Are you planning a meeting with a client who is flying in? Are you looking for a space for an off-site meeting? Have it right in the terminal! Our Guest Services ambassadors can help you book one of our three conference rooms located in the public areas of the terminals. Learn more about renting conference rooms at RDU.
- Special Assistance. From helping a child with special needs navigate the security checkpoint for the first time to helping you work with an airline on a special travel accommodation, the Guest Services Ambassadors are happy to assist. Keep in mind though, that our ambassadors are not able to book flights or change your tickets.
Contact our Guest Services staff by calling (919) 840-2123 and press option 8 on the main menu. You can also stop by the Information Desks in Terminal 1 and Terminal 2, they are located in Bag Claim. On the concourse, contact the Information Desk by picking up a courtesy phone located adjacent to the terminal directories. We look forward to assisting you.