Trick-or-Treaters haven’t yet hit the streets, but many people are already thinking ahead to Christmas and New Year’s travel plans. If you’re searching for flights to the West Coast or beyond for the holidays, new service to San Francisco and Los Angeles may help you reach your destination faster.
For a short three-week period from mid-December to early January, take advantage of an additional daily flight each day to San Francisco on United and to Los Angeles via Delta. Both airlines have added the short-term service to provide more seats during the busy year end travel period.
Here’s the breakdown:
Year-round, daily flight departs: 6:41 a.m. Arrives at SFO At 9:51 a.m., local time.
Holiday flight dates: Dec. 19- Jan. 6, 2014
Holiday flight departs: 5:20 p.m.
- Gives a great afternoon departure option
- Arrive in San Francisco at 8:30 p.m., local time
- Uses a Boeing 737-800 aircraft
- Holiday flight offers great connections to Sydney
- Heading home from Hawaii? The return flight is nicely timed for flights from Maui and Kona
Year-round, daily flight departs: 7 a.m. Arrives at LAX at 9:24 a.m., local time.
Holiday flight dates: Dec. 17- Jan. 4, 2014
Holiday flight departs: 6:45 p.m.
- Convenient evening departure option
- Arrives in Los Angeles at 9:23 p.m., local time
- Uses a Boeing 737-800
- Return flight from Los Angeles to RDU is an easy, daytime route
In addition to the new seasonal flights above, American Airlines also offers non-stop daily service to Los Angeles with Boeing 737-800 service. Here are the details on that flight:
- Departs RDU at 5:15 p.m.
- Arrives in Los Angeles at 8 p.m.
- Easy connections to Brisbane and Melbourne Australia
As you make your Christmas and New Years travel plans, don’t forget these great ways to head west and back faster.