The countdown is on! Terminal 1 opens this March. After two years of extensive modernization, the terminal has been transformed into a first-class facility that is going to elevate your experience at RDU.
Throughout this month, we will highlight many aspects of the new Terminal 1 on RDU Cruising Altitude and on our social media channels. But, the biggest part of our countdown is one you should mark your calendar for – our public Open House on Saturday, Feb. 15.
Terminal 1 Open House
From 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. that day, come check out Terminal 1 and enjoy more than 30 exhibits, food sampling, giveaways, chances to win airline tickets and more! It’s truly free family fun for the whole community.
Simply enter the terminal parking garage where our staff will direct you to free parking. Plan for about 90 minutes for a relaxed, self-guided tour. Along the way, you’ll experience:
- Live music from local bands
- Giveaway stations throughout the terminal
- A chance to meet the creators of the new permanent art installations
- Interactive exhibits with Southwest Airlines, The ACC and RDU programs
- A children’s activity area presented by Marbles Kids Museum
- Food and retail samplings from The Shops of RDU
- A behind-the-scenes peek at baggage handling
- And, much, much more!
Win a Private Tour!
But, we’re offering the opportunity to win a private tour of the terminal for you and a guest the day before the Open House. The tour ends with a chance to help us get the terminal ready for the big public event and take part in a celebration for Airport Authority employees! Learn more about the contest.
What’s Ahead on Social Media
- We’ll look back at the terminal’s long history. Did you know the oldest part of T1 opened in 1955? We’ve got some great vintage shots that we can’t wait to share.
- Ceviche. Hummus. There are a lot of new tastes on the menus of the new Terminal 1 restaurants. The Shops of RDU featured will take you beyond the names of our new restaurants and describe what you can expect on our menus.
- Find out why one of our new shops will have you seeing all your favorite boutique designers in one store. You’ll also learn what unique gifts and products you can discover.
Take a moment and check out what’s coming to the all new Terminal 1 at RDU. The countdown is on!