Today RDU Cruising Altitude turns one year old. Nearly 100 blogs later, we’re taking a look at the great journey we’ve been on this past year sharing about Raleigh-Durham International Airport, our region and the aviation industry.
Telling the Story
We’ve learned a lot in the 365 days since we clicked “post” on “Now Flying At Cruising Altitude.” As I shared with my colleagues in Dallas last week, this blog is an opportunity to share more about RDU and the changing aviation industry beyond what we could tell in a Facebook status update or tweet. From the number of comments and views, it seems you love learning about RDU as well.
This blog is about sharing stories and we’re always finding new ones to tell. Take a look at our top posts. From a diverted flight that brought the RDU team together to the announcement of new restaurants and even an explanation of the meaning of RDU, these posts really represent the wide variety of stories we have shared about RDU. With an airport and region that are growing, there are many more left to tell.
I’m always surprised at how many people love reading about our airport. Whether it’s about a cuddly teddy bear or a post about economic development, there seems to be a ready audience. In fact, about 300 people per day stop by our blog, even if we don’t post a new blog!
A little about the stats
Here are some other stats that you may find interesting:
- We’ve recorded more than 87,000 views since we launched.
- Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, India and Germany are the countries outside the U.S. with the top view counts. In all, hits have been recorded from 130 nations.
- Our posts have received nearly 350 comments, meaning 350 opportunities to connect one-on-one with you. Please keep them coming!
- TSA pre-check is by far the most searched for topic on the blog. We guess this means you love it!
Where do we go from here?
As we enter our second year, here are some things you can count on from us:
- More about Terminal 1. Look forward to more posts (and videos) about the terminal as we move toward opening.
- More travel highlights. Whether it’s a new feature on your airline, an art exhibit at your connecting hub or things to do in our 39 non-stop destinations, we’re committing to sharing more about the way you travel.
- More news you can use. From airport events to industry changes, we’ll tell you about the things that you need to know before taking off at RDU.
Don’t be a stranger. Subscribe to the blog today on our homepage, comment on our posts and join us as we begin year 2 of RDU Cruising Altitude.