At RDU, being an airport known for unparalleled customer service is our mission. How do we accomplish this? One of the most important ways is for us to listen to what you have to say about RDU. We enjoy listening to what you have to say and responding to you to improve your experience.
Your comments and feedback help me to focus our customer service efforts to provide you with the best possible travel experience at RDU. We can’t be everywhere at the airport all the time, so your insight and comments are invaluable to bringing attention to things we’re doing well and areas that we need to improve in.
So, what are you saying?
- We received 892 comments in the first half of 2013 via our Web site, letters (and yes, people still do send those) and comment cards located in the terminals. These are substantial comments that require follow-up and don’t include the thousands of quick questions asked at our Information Desks or comments on our social media channels.
- 62 percent were compliments or expressions of gratitude toward airport employees who provided excellent customer service.
- Parking, airline interactions, ground transportation and comments about the Shops of RDU are the areas we hear about most.
And, how are we listening?
- We’re contacting you personally within 48-hours of your original comment 99 percent of the time, with a contact coming in 24-hours or less 95 percent of the time.
- Many times we need to research a specific issue or question, which takes a few days. Throughout the process, we stay in contact with you so you know the status of a more detailed response.
- If your comment concerns one of the many business partners here at the airport, we share your concerns immediately with managers at RDU and, in many cases, we also share them with their corporate offices.
Did you know that often your comments enable changes?
- Recently, we successfully worked with one of our rental car operators to increase the frequency of their shuttle busses along with other improvements based on comments.
- We’ve also used your comments to change the type of coat hooks in the terminal restroom stalls, improve signage, update sections of the Web site and make improvements in many other areas.
I encourage you to keep sharing about your experiences at RDU. Your comments enable us to make RDU a world-class airport.