This may be the first year that I’m done shopping before Christmas Eve. Well, except for an item for my father and there’s something else for my wife I’m thinking about getting. So, I guess I’m really not quite done yet. If you’re in the same boat, and you’re flying through RDU holiday season, you might want to consider some last minute shopping at the airport.
On my lunch break the other day, I picked up coloring books for the kids, an etch-a-sketch, an airport play set and a Life is good shirt. And, honestly, the prices were the same as I’d find at the mall.
Are you looking for some holiday gift ideas? Here are a few stores those of us at the airport have been known to shop at.
- Brighton Collectibles in both Terminal 1 and Terminal 2. They have great scarves and handbags. While you are there, visit Taxco Sterling in Terminal 2 for beautiful jewelry.
- EJE Travel Retail Duty-Free. Domestic passengers are free to shop and take advantage of deals on perfumes, confections and cosmetics.
- 2nd Edition Bookseller. Do you know someone who appreciates the classics? Pick up a leather-bound edition of a favorite classic novel with gold trimmed pages.
- Techshowcase. There are many deals to be found. Get Monster-brand headphones for buy one, get one 25 percent off, receive a free gift with your purchase of $49.90 or more or enjoy $10 off your $100 purchase.
And, don’t forget to take the taste of N.C. home with you.
- N.C. Wines. Find bottles of wine from wineries such as Biltmore, Chatham Hill, Childress, Duplin, Old North State, Raylen and Shelton at Carolina Vintages in Terminal 2 near Gate D3. Your selection will be packaged for the flight.
- Goodies. At Hudson Discover, you can also find Eastern North Carolina peanuts and a selection of hot and barbecue sauces from around the state, along with delicious Moravian cookies. Flying out of Terminal 1? You can also find these items at CNBC near Gate A24.
- Barbecue. Visit Brookwood Farms in Terminal 2 to purchase N.C. barbecue that’s packaged and prepared to take with you. Located near Gate C10.
- Team Gear. Your favorite ACC team colors are available at CNBC in both Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 and at OTC Drugs and More located pre-security in Terminal 2. You can also find gear in Terminal 2 at University Marketplace, Hudson Aeromart and Shaw News.
Also, from Dec. 20 to Jan. 1, 2013 find deep discounts and great values at The Shops of RDU Sidewalk Sale.
I hope you have a great holiday season. Enjoy your RDU shopping experience and travel safe!