A moment of peace and quiet at the airport you ask? Yes. It is possible.
This time of year is hectic for nearly everyone. Whether you are buying a last minute gift, finishing up a major project at work, or taking a flight out to spend the holidays with your family, December is, for many people, one of the busiest months of the year.
This holiday season, if you are flying out of RDU, there are at least five ways to stop, take a breath and enjoy the moment.
- Take in the beauty of the season. Just inside the doors of the Terminal 2 ticketing lobby, you will find RDU’s Christmas Tree and Menorah. The tree, a gift from one of North Carolina’s tree growers in Avery County, stands 24 feet tall and weighs 1,000 pounds. Next to it, you will find a six-foot tall Menorah that will be lit each day of Hanukkah.
- Take an art tour. In Terminal 2 alone, RDU features eight works of art. Five are located in pre-security areas, while two, Cloudscape and Wingspun, can be found on the concourse.
- Listen to the sounds of the season and then some. On the busiest travel days of the holiday season, local musicians will entertain you with everything from classical holiday tunes to flamenco favorites.
- Browse our bookshops. Discover rare books at RDU’s 2nd Edition Booksellers or see what’s new on the bestseller list at Hudson Booksellers.
- Enjoy a leisurely dinner. Take your time, sip a glass of wine and enjoy the best eats North Carolina has to offer at 42nd St. Oyster Bar, Carolina Vintages, Brookwood Farms and Carolina Ale House.
From all of us at Raleigh-Durham International Airport, we wish a happy holiday season… and a moment of peace and quiet while you travel.